In the 1760s, Pierre de Belleyme, future engineer-geographer of the Republic, is responsible for establishing a detailed map of Guyenne. It shows precisely the vineyards of Château de Cruzeau that have existed for a long time at this time. The estate is located on the borders of Martillac and Saint-Médard-d 'Eyrans, in the south of the appellation Pessac-L & eactoognan. Its vast vineyard of 97 hectares occupies high ridges covered with rolled pebbles which give soil favorable to great wines. Moreover, in 1841, a specialized magazine, Le Producer, classifies it as Grand Cru for its whites and reds. In 1973, André Lurton, also owner of Couhins-Lurton and La Louvière in the same appellation, actually the acquisition to give him a new breath and hoist him to the heights of his appellation. Since then, the choice of reasoned control has been made to produce the healthiest crops possible. In the cellar, wood is very present, especially for white winemaking.