Located in Martillac, the cru owes its name to the small tower that adorns the entrance of the property. Remains of a 12th century fort, this tower was built by the ancestors of Montesquieu whose famous castle La Brède is only a few kilometers away. Edouard Kressmann, a merchant of Rhine origin established in Bordeaux in 1871, then distributes the wines produced by the estate, known at the time for the quality of its whites. He therefore knows the property well and gives him his advice. Alfred, son of Edward, actually bought it in 1929. He develops the red wines and these are chosen during the coronation banquet Edward VII in 1936. Jean, Alfred's second son, manages the estate from 1940 and then inherited it in 1955. He extends the vineyard which he gradually brings to his current size and completely renovates the cellars. in 1989. & nbsp; The two youngest sons of Jean Kressmann, Tristan and Lo & iuml; c, now lead the estate.The vineyard of 45 ha, of which 36 ha of red occupies hilly terrain of gravel, sand and clay . The grape varieties are red Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (35%) and Petit Verdot (5%) and, in white, Sauvignon (40%), Sauvignon (40%) and Muscadelle (55%) ( 5%). The average age of the vines is 35 years and the planting density varies from 7200 to 8500 vines / ha.Large classified in red and white, Latour-Martillac produces for a very long time high quality white wines and currently offers , in both colors, a very good price / quality ratio. The estate produces a second wine "Lagrave-Martillac " in red as in white.