The traces of vine growing in Haut-Bailly date back to the 15th century but it is Firmin Le Bailly, a Parisian banker who acquires the property in 1630, which will give him his name. One of the most remarkable owners was, at the end of the 19th century, Alcide Bellot des Minières. Engineer and successful entrepreneur, nicknamed "King of Winegrowers" because of his many scientific contributions, he managed to bring the wines of Haut-Bailly to a level close to that of the first growths, naming it himself "Premier Exceptional Cru ". It is also he who builds the Castle that we know today. The first half of the 20th century will see Haut-Bailly collapse due to poor choices made to fight against phylloxera and many changes of owners. The revival came in 1955. Wonderfully by the superb Haut-Bailly 1945, the Belgian trader Daniel Sanders buys the property and renovates it; his son Jean succeeds him brilliantly by developing about twenty vintages of great class. The estate is bought in 1998 by the American banker Robert Wilmers who brings both the passion and the means necessary for the life of a grand cru. He retains Jean Sanders and now Veronique, granddaughter of Daniel Sanders, to manage the farm. Since 1998, it has been attached to the development of the property with the aim of showing how much Haut-Bailly deserves its rank of "Cru Exceptionnel". The 28 ha of vines, located in L & eactoognan, are planted on an inclined soil of sand and gravel, suitably drained. The grape variety is made of Cabernet Sauvignon (65%), Merlot (25%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The average age of the vines is 35 years old but 4% is still made up of old vines dating from the pre-phylloxera era. The estate produces a second wine "Parde de Haut- Bailly "(introduced in 1967 under the name of Domaine de la Parde), a third wine " Pessac-Léognan ", and a rosé produced since 2004 (when the vintage allows). & Agrave; the difference of the majority of the other classified growths of Pesac-Léognan, Haut-Bailly does not produce white wine.